VanDemark & Lynch was founded in 1937 by Ernest S. VanDemark and Frank T. Lynch, respected professionals with a strong commitment to precision and an equally strong work ethic.
During its early years, our firm was engaged mainly in boundary surveying in and around Wilmington, Delaware. Through the years of World War II our firm expanded and diversified its activities to include the design and complete field supervision for wartime housing developments; a resilient achievement considering the absence of Mr. Lynch who was on active duty with the U.S. Army.
As these two professionals established a track record of providing superior-quality services to clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, our business steadily grew. In 1970, our firm relocated from its original office on West 12th Street in Wilmington to our Miller Road location where we currently operate today. Welcoming like-minded professionals, the VanDemark & Lynch company has become a trusted source for ever-larger assignments, working on some of the most important public and private projects of the past half-century.
Today, VanDemark & Lynch enjoys a national reputation as one of the Mid-Atlantic’s leading full-service civil/structural engineering, land planning, and land surveying firms.
Our core mission remains what it started as years ago, “to provide unparalleled professional engineering and surveying services while maintaining a challenging and rewarding work environment”. Our firm continues in this mission and endeavors to grow with the latest technologies and practices that will ensure a successful future for our communities and environment.